Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You have got to be kidding

That's what I actually said when Shaun woke me up this morning with a tired, "It's snowing outside."

"You have got to be kidding," I said as I jumped out of bed to look through the window.

I had been feeling so optimistic that winter was over and we wouldn't see snow again until October. For a split second I was sure that Shaun was attempting to play a late April Fool's joke on me--I mean, it's still April. The last measurable snowfall on my Winter '08/'09 Snow Log was on March 25th, an entire 20 days ago. It was a rainy, 48F yesterday. That's beautiful weather by Newfoundland standards. It couldn't be snowing!

I peeked through the blinds covering the bedroom window and was greeted by this:


*Sigh*

I know it's not a lot of snow, but it's still snow, and when I was so hoping for sun today. Blech.

No comments: