Friday, April 3, 2009

St. John's webcams

I've been meaning to post this website for a while, but I just hadn't gotten around to it.

http://www.ntv.ca/cams/othercameras.html

We found out that we were moving to St. John's in May of last year, and while we didn't get here until August, my mom immediately started scouring the internet for information about St. John's so that she could be sure Shaun and I weren't dragging her grandbabies to some remote wilderness where they'd have to live in igloos. Just kidding, Mom! :)

But she did come up with the website above that has views from various webcams around St. John's run by the local television station, NTV. Mom was on her computer in Virginia, and I was on my computer in Texas, and she'd call me and tell me she could see an iceberg on the webcams! It was very cool watching that iceberg cross in front of the St. John's harbour, and in light of the fact that we're about to enter iceberg season I wanted to post the link just in case any of you want to take your chances with iceberg-spotting.

Sometimes they have a webcam up called the St. Phillip's Cam, and I swear this is the view one of my friends has from the back porch of her house. I can't tell you how I envy her that view. (Hear that, Staci? Envy.) When I looked at that camera yesterday I could even see all the ice in the bay. It's an amazing view.

Really, this is an amazing place. I feel lucky to have found a temporary home here, and I wanted to share a little piece of it with the rest of you. Oh yeah, and email me if you see an iceberg!!

2 comments:

Staci said...

you can pop on over any time and take a look at the view. It's pretty nice today. Thanks for the link I have never seen the one for St Philip's.

mommompoppop said...

I'm not offended, Baby Girl, although I was a little concerned when I heard about how severe the weather can be! :-) Miss you guys! Hugs and kisses for everyone!