Monday, April 20, 2009

Bonne fête `a toi

My favorite moment of the day yesterday was when we all ran in to wake Natalie up first thing in the morning. I went to get Kyle and Brandon out of their beds first so that we could all go in together. We all ran into Nat's room, Brandon grinning, Shaun and I shouting, "Happy Birthday, Natalie!"

Kyle ran in behind me and shouted, "Bonne fête `a toi , Natalie!" Shaun and I looked at each other, mouths open in awe. (I even had to look up that circumflex and accent just to type it, thank you very much.)

"What did he just say? Kyle, could you repeat that a little more slowly, please?" I said. "I think he's speaking French."

This, my friends, is what a little bit of expat life will do for you. My four-year-old speaks French. And I didn't even know it. Go figure.

2 comments:

Martha-Lynn said...

HYSTERICAL! I love it! :')

Isolas said...

are you serious...that is awesome!