Friday, March 6, 2009

What's for dinner?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting a little tired of the typical weekly dinner rotation around here, and I really wish I could complain to the cook, but since I'm the closest thing we have to a cook around here I usually keep the complaints to myself. Shaun's also wise enough to keep all comments to himself. The kids aren't that wise, but since I carried them for a total of 121 weeks and endured a combined 17 hours of labor giving birth to them it's not worth it to me to freeze them with my death-stare. I'm saving that for when they're teenagers and all cuteness has worn off.

Dinner usually consists of spaghetti, tacos, baked chicken, pork chops, or a pizza delivered by my friends at Peter's Pizza. The exact preparation may vary, and side dishes also rotate, but it's all pretty much the same thing. I do, however, have a new favorite recipe website. It's not going to impress the sophisticated chefs out there, but it's just the kind of website I need. I love http://www.kraftcanada.com/. There's a ton of easy, fast recipes. The recipes are all fairly basic, require few ingredients, and don't take a ton of time--all necessary elements of a recipe when 1) you hate the grocery store and have a barely-stocked pantry, 2) everyone's favorite afternoon game is 'What time do you think Daddy will be home tonight?', 3) dinner must be prepared with at least two of my three children acting as obstacles to approaching and/or opening the refrigerator/oven/sink/dishwasher, and 4) you hate cooking even more than you hate the grocery store.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Okay, I'm sending you a few recipes. I think I must be crazy because I love making dinner every night...it was one of my pros to staying home, can cook more often...:) How about, I cook for you, you organize for me....win, win, eh?

Betsy said...

sounds like a plan! count me in, jenn! :D