Sunday, March 22, 2009

Someone can't take a joke...

I still wouldn't call what we had yesterday a 'storm' since there was very little wind, and visibility seemed to be decent most of the day--I wouldn't really know since we didn't leave the house at all--but we did get about foot of snow! It was snowing when we got up yesterday morning, and it was still snowing when we went to bed last night. There was just a gentle, constant snowfall all day long. I think it ended up being the second greatest amount of snowfall we've had at one time this winter.

We spent the day watching television, playing Wii, reading, and just generally hanging out together. It was a really nice snow day. And it made me very glad that I braved the crowds at the grocery store on Friday night just so that I wouldn't have to leave the house during the day yesterday. Our snow day wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable without food. The kids and I even made cookies in the afternoon, and then I made a big pot of potato soup for dinner.

I'm hoping this was our last legitimate snow day of the season. Now that Sheila's had her way with us I'm ready for Spring! Who knew Sheila couldn't take a joke?!

ETA: Here are a few pictures. Note that this is one storm's worth of accumulation--all the snow from previous storms had melted away before yesterday's snow.

No comments: