Thursday, February 19, 2009

A snow day for Daddy

Yesterday we had our first legitimate 'storm' of the winter here in St. John's. Apparently we've had a really mild winter so far, and it's never February before you see the first big storm. Yesterday wasn't too bad as far as storms go, but it was nice to finally have a snow day where the whole family gets to hang out all day.

Kyle's school was closed for the day, and Shaun's office was closed for the day. It was my third snow day with the kids, but it was Shaun's first snow day of the winter. Luckily, Shaun had anticipated this occurrence, so he whipped out his laptop and his Blackberry (which I refer to, affectionately of course, as his 'Crackberry') and got to work from the comfort of the couch and his jammies.

Kyle declared it a 'Wii day.' Somehow 'snow day' had become synonymous with 'Wii day' here, but I don't mind.

I think we ended up getting about 8 inches of snow here at our house, though it's hard to tell with the wind blowing and causing the snow to drift everywhere. And the wind was crazy last night.

Here are a couple of pictures. It's hard to get a decent picture without going out into the snow myself--which doesn't happen often--but you can tell it's a lot of snow anyway. I can't tell you how happy I am that the snow decided to get out of the way now instead of hitting this weekend. And I can't tell you how glad I am to be heading out of this mess to sunny Florida in a couple of days!
Front yard

Driveway

The Mother of All Snowplows

No comments: