Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A land far, far away

I was uploading some pictures of the kids to my Shutterfly account this morning, and I got sidetracked by several albums from 2003 and 2004. Shaun and I were living in Moscow at the time, but we took advantage of our proximity to Western Europe and spent every holiday and long weekend traveling out of Russia. Greece, Italy, Amsterdam, Paris, Ireland--it didn't matter where we went, we just wanted to see it all.

The digital photos of our adventures have been wasting away in my Shutterfly albums where no one has access to them, so I decided to change that this morning. I set up a new Share site on Shutterfly at http://zdroytravel.shutterfly.com/ that you can go to if you want to check out some of our old pictures. I also added a link to the right-hand column of this blog so that you can still check them out long after this post has migrated it's way off the page.

I've had a lot of fun shuffling back through some of our pictures and remembering all of our silly little adventures. I've also been reminded of how much I love to travel and how much I miss it now that we don't get a chance to do it as much. It's also been hilarious to see how Shaun and I have aged--we looked so young a couple of years ago!

Anyway, here are a couple of my favorites:

State History Museum, Moscow, June 2003

The Keizersgracht, Amsterdam, December 2003

Il Duomo, Florence, September 2003
The Eiffel Tower, Paris, February 2004
Ring of Kerry, Ireland, May 2004

1 comment:

mommompoppop said...

Maybe the aging thing has something to do with having three kids . . . ya think? Can't wait to see all of you in seven days! xxxxxooooo