Monday, February 9, 2009

Our weekend

First, we went out on Friday night with some friends to this very awesome restaurant, and then we wandered down to a bar to hang out for a little while. I so needed this night out since I'd spent all my time since Wednesday catering to my miserable little Brandon. We had a great time getting out of the house for some adult conversation and food!

Brandon had a fever from Wednesday afternoon straight through until he woke up on Saturday morning. It was like a switch had been flipped overnight. He went to bed miserable and whiney on Friday and woke up like his old self on Saturday morning. You can imagine my relief. We have a doctor's appointment on Thursday to see if the ear infections have actually gone away or not. I'm so relieved at this point to have my happy little boy back that I don't even care if the ear infections haven't cleared up and I'm stuck hanging out in snowy Newfoundland while the rest of the family goes to Disney World.

On Saturday afternoon Kyle had his first Little Gym class of the semester. He had a blast playing on the equipment and learning all about safety in the gym. I stuck around to watch and enjoyed seeing what a grown-up little man Kyle has become--he was such a good listener and so well-behaved that I wondered if perhaps they sent something funny through the ventilation system at The Little Gym.

On Sunday we had a very lazy day until dinnertime, at which point we were forced to take the kids to their favorite restaurant. Kyle had been begging all week to go out for dinner, and on Tuesday I told him that maybe we could go out on Sunday, and darn if he didn't remember.

Overall, we had a totally typical and relaxing weekend. Today we're getting back to the business of preschool, naps and laundry.

1 comment:

mommompoppop said...

I'm so happy that B's feeling better! I want to see all of you in Florida! I can't wait to ride "It's a Small World!" . . . well, maybe not that one . . . remember when we went around and around and around that summer! I still have flashbacks when I hear that song! :-) Love you all! 16 more days!! Get all better, B!!