Friday, May 1, 2009

You can take care of the dog

Natalie came running into the living room, waving a piece of construction paper at me, yelling, "Mommy! Look what I made for you! It's a picture of a cat. And a dog."

She then looked at me with her big brown eyes and said, "Mommy, we need to get a cat and a dog. One of each. I will take care of the cat, and you can take care of the dog."

How sweet. I said, "Someday maybe we'll get a cat and a dog. How about I take care of the cat, and you can take care of the dog?"

Natalie then looked at me seriously, cocked an eyebrow, and replied, "I don't have time for that, Mom. I'll be busy."

Hmph. It's obvious how she feels about what I do all day long. I guess it didn't help my case that she was interrupting some serious lolling about on the couch and reading with this pet discussion.

2 comments:

mommompoppop said...

That's my sweetie-pie! xxxxxooooo

Unknown said...

omg! natalie is so cute.