Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Aveda fog

*Sigh*

(Not slightly-sad, 'my babies are growing up' sigh, but relaxed, contented sigh.)

I have just returned home from my morning at The Spa at the Monastery, and I have been wrapped, hydrotherapied, and massaged to where I'm floating around on an Aveda cloud.

I *heart* Aveda salons and spas. I'm not particularly attached to any hair stylist because I've had the same haircut for years, and I don't care who gives me a massage as long as they get rid of the knots in my shoulders that have resulted from carrying around one baby or another in my arms for almost four-and-a-half years. But I have become addicted to Aveda salons. They just smell so wonderful, and after I've been inside one I feel like I'm walking around in a magic fog of the 'pure flower and plant essences' that they speak of at Aveda.

I actually walk around for the rest of the day smelling my hair. I even make other people smell my hair. Just ask my husband and kids. It's a little strange, but they all admit that my hair does smell wonderful. (Though, it's very possible they're just humoring me to get me to cease and desist with all the hair-smelling.)

Now that I think about it, I wonder if this Aveda fog I'm in is due to some secret but totally deliberate and highly addictive 'plant essence' that was massaged into my skin and hair and hydrotherapied right into my brain. Hmmm...

Whatever. I don't care. This Aveda fog is totally harmless (you know, outside of the insane amount of money I spend on shampoo in an effort to recreate the fog in my own shower every morning), and my hair smells really good. I'm serious. You should smell it. Like I walked straight out of garden. Straight out of a flower even. Bliss.

No comments: