Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Superdad

I have to give my wonderful husband some public praise for letting me run away to Houston for the weekend while he watched the kids for four days. I left during breakfast Friday morning, and I got home very late last night. I had an amazing time visiting with my friends and doing a little bit of gambling at L'Auberge in Lake Charles. It was an awesome break! While I was gone Shaun took a few vacation days and managed to take Kyle to school (while remembering to pack him a snack and return his Discovery Bag), take all the kids to the library so they could check out some new books (even remembering to take their library cards with him), and even take the older two to see Franklin's Family Christmas Concert (remembering tickets, directions, and providing a brand new babysitter with complete instructions for Brandon). I have to admit that I was impressed. My kids didn't even know I was gone. Naps, meals, bath and bedtime were all on schedule. When I walked into the house last night the dishes were all clean, the dishwasher was empty, and even all the laundry was done. Shaun made the whole thing seem easy. I'm thinking he was glad to see me, though... he looked a little tired... ;)

No comments: