Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bring on winter

Current weather: 53F, Foggy, Drizzle

I think I mentioned a couple of posts ago how unpredictable the weather is here. I was all set for the snow to start (despite not having snow tires yet--but that's being remedied on Friday), and after that first little teaser of a snowfall we haven't seen any more snow! One day it'll be warmish and rainy (like today), the next might be frigid and blustery. I've been warned several times already that this has been a very mild fall compared to most. But I'm a little disappointed. Now that the Christmas decorations are out and everyone's shopping for gifts and there's Christmas music playing every time I'm at the grocery store (I'm not kidding--EVERY time) I am ready! I'm going to be a little annoyed if we don't have a white christmas. Santa's bringing sleds, and the kids are going to want to use them! The poor snowsuits that we rushed to buy in October are suffocating away in the hall closet. I'm ready for the first real snow to just happen so that I can get on with dealing with it rather than anticipating it! I know that I will be tired of all the snow by the end of the winter, but for now I just can't wait to see my kids playing in the snow and enjoying it the way Brian and I did as kids. I know I'm going to regret this post when I wake up tomorrow and I've managed to jinx us all, and I should be knocking on wood, but I'm not going to. Bring it on! I'm ready! ...Or rather, I will be after Friday!

No comments: