Saturday, November 29, 2008

*My* little princess

Current weather: 45F, Rainy and foggy

It amuses me to no end that Natalie has become obsessed with princesses. I couldn't wait for this phase to arrive, and now that it's here it provides me with daily entertainment. She and I took a trip to Canadian Tire this morning to pick up a Disney Princess Christmas tree for her bedroom since a friend tipped me off that they had them a couple of days ago (thanks, Jenn!). It's little and purple and has ornaments with pictures of all the Disney Princesses on it. Natalie was so excited! As I sit here and type she's sitting in her bedroom just admiring her Princess tree.

Last night we were all sitting around the living room--Shaun was giving Brandon his last bottle before bed, Kyle was playing with the Wii, I was on the computer, and Natalie was sitting on the floor playing with a couple of princess figurines. She was playing with Cinderella Dressed for the Ball, Cinderella Dressed for her Wedding, and Fairy Godmother. Cinderella Dressed for the ball turns to Cinderella Dressed for her Wedding and said, "So, what're we gonna do?" And Cinderella Dressed for her Wedding replied, "I know! Let's go to college!" The two Cinderellas then grabbed each other's hands and waltzed off to college, leaving Fairy Godmother sitting there. Shaun and I just looked at each other, and Shaun said, "Did she just say the Cinderellas should go to college?" And I said, "I think she did." We had to laugh. That's my girl. Or, I guess I should say, that's my little princess.

No comments: