Thursday, November 6, 2008

I love my weather station

Current weather: 58F, Sunny

I just cannot keep up with the weather here. Monday it snowed. Today it's warm (well, relatively warm) and sunny. Shaun got a little weather station a couple of years ago, and we never really used it because the weather in Sugar Land was pretty predictable from day-to-day, but I finally dug it out of a box this past weekend. I can't tell you how useful it's been just this week alone. It's so much easier to decide which of the five different weights of outdoor gear to layer the kids in now that I can check the temperature before heading out the door. Just in case you're curious, the five weights of outdoor gear are (1) Sweatshirt, (2) Rain-repellant and fleece-lined jacket and rain boots, (3) Early winter jacket, (4) Heavy winter jacket and gloves, and (5) I don't really know why we bought that because if it's that cold Mommy is not leaving the house (also known as Snowsuit and snow boots). This isn't an exact classification, and believe it or not, there are some days that just don't align properly with one of the five categories. And some days one category of outdoor gear is required at 8:30 when we take Kyle to school and an entirely different category is required when we return to pick him up at noon. Hence, the weather station. Take that, weather!

No comments: