Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The first haircut

Natalie has never had a haircut--with curls like hers there was no way I was going to let someone touch them. Kyle had his first haircut when he was about 17 months old, and it was overdue--way way overdue. Check out these pictures:
Kyle Before


Kyle After


Hilarious, right? Shaun and I look at these pictures now and can't believe we let Kyle's hair get that crazy. But I was pregnant with Natalie and we'd just moved back to Texas, and then we had Natalie and were busy, and let's be honest, we thought he was cute.

Lately we've realized that the most noticeable thing in any picture we take has become Brandon's hair. The poor child has been cursed with no less than 3 cowlicks on the back of his head, and his hair literally stands straight up on top. With our previous haircutting oversight in mind we decided it was time to trim Brandon's hair. I did it myself, just like I did Kyle's first trim. There's no way we'd be able to get Brandon to sit still at a hair salon, and there's no way I was going to pay someone to do a really bad job of trimming a nine-month-old's hair--I'd much rather do it for free and have no one to blame but myself. Here are the results:
Brandon Before
Brandon After
Not too bad, right? It still stands straight up, but at least it's a lot shorter. And I forgot that a haircut was going to suddenly turn my baby into a little man! And as much as Brandon looked like Kyle and Shaun before, now he really looks like them! *Sigh* The first haircut. Another milestone. My little man's growing up.

2 comments:

mommompoppop said...

You're right! He's too grown up! He's still supposed to be a "baby"! I miss all my babies, but in four short weeks, they'll be sitting in my lap! xxxooo

Staci said...

You did a great job. I might try to do Preston's myself next time.