Friday, December 26, 2008

Brandon's second word

Brandon's been saying "Da-da" for months--at least two months, though it feels like I've been listening to it for much longer than that. And he's been using it correctly. He knows exactly who Da-da is, and on the days that Shaun is home from work I have to listen to a continuous chant of "Da-da. Da-da. Da-da." But today he started saying his second word non-stop. "Baan-don." He's saying his own name, and it's the cutest thing ever. It doesn't surprise me that he says Brandon since it's the one thing he hears from all of us all day long. I'll have to attempt capturing it on video in the next couple of days. But I'm a little irritated that he hasn't graced me with a "Ma-ma" yet. Whatever. It'll happen eventually. I mean, I only carried him for nine months, gave birth to him, and have been taking care of him all day, every day for the last eight months. He'll figure out which side his bread is buttered on eventually.

No comments: