Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sooner Than Expected

We have an appointment!

I know you're thinking, "For what?!" I was thinking the exact same thing when someone from the Janeway (the local children's hospital) called this afternoon and said they had an appointment time for Kyle. I knew Brandon was supposed to get an appointment for his ear tubes surgery sometime, but what did Kyle need one for? I'm not always a fun mom, but I'm always an attentive mom, and I was wondering which ball I had suddenly dropped out of nowhere until I remembered Kyle's preschool check-up in March. We were told that the public health nurse would refer Kyle to an audiologist for a hearing test, and the nurse was sure they'd be able to fit him in sometime before he started school in September.

Good news. They've managed to squeeze him in later in July--six whole weeks before he has to start Kindergarten and only four months from when they referred him. Go socialized healthcare!

2 comments:

Staci said...

I hope the U S doesn't have socialized health care by the time we get back. i would pay more just to not wait.

Jenn said...

I have moved to Canada and will now move back to the United States before I get Ryleigh into the pediatric opthamalogist.....I'm sure I didn't spell that right and I don't care....screw a bunch of one year wait list!