Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Baby Has Turned Into a Little Boy

I think it happened sometime this week. This would make the official age at which Brandon turned into a little boy 15 months. Why am I all of a sudden asking this question? Because following is a list of just a few of the things I've had to deal with over the past three days:
  • Brandon tried to eat a snail in the backyard. Until now he'd been sticking to sand and weeds, but now he's moved on to snails.
  • He climbed onto the dining room table, sat in the middle, and poured lemonade all over himself.
  • He painstakingly dripped every drop of milk from his sippy cup onto my couch (thank you again to the person who invented microfiber).
  • He came up from the playroom, ran circles around the entire house three times while laughing, and then went back downstairs. I think he was just screwing with me.
  • He has started shouting, "AAAAGGGGHHHH!" at the top of his lungs at random moments throughout the day, just for the reaction it gets.
  • I caught him sliding down the stairs feet-first, on his belly, as fast as he could make his chubby little belly bounce over the stairs.
  • When spotting donuts this morning he shouted, "I want dat!"
I cannot take my eyes off of him, he's tireless, he exhausts me, and he's adorable! My crazy little boy.

1 comment:

Martha-Lynn said...

Great post, and *great* picture! I especially love the visual of the dining room table and the lemonade. How cute/exasperating!