Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Terrible twos arrive a little early

Brandon really isn't interested in television at all, despite the fact that his brother and sister keep the television on in the playroom all day long, but he does like the opening song of the Backyardigans. He gets really excited and starts dancing whenever he hears 'we've got the whole wide world in our yards to explooooooore...'

Today we caught the Backyardigans coming on, Brandon danced, and when the song finished Brandon shot me the dirtiest look you've ever seen on an angelic little face, and started smacking the pillow he was sitting next to. I laughed and said, 'I didn't make it go off! What's with the dirty look? And you can smack that pillow all you want because it doesn't hurt me.'

I know--not an excellent parenting moment. Mockery isn't the best parenting tool, but I figured Brandon didn't understand a word I was saying...

Until he stood up, walked over to Natalie, and smacked her! And when I said, "No hitting your sister, Brandon!" he walked over to Kyle and smacked him instead.

I know it's terrible, but I was a little proud of the fact that he totally understood me! And then the responsible parent in me gave him a timeout. I believe the Best Baby Ever has discovered his evil streak. Fun times ahead.

No comments: