Thursday, June 18, 2009

Salmonier Nature Park

The kids and I took a trip to Salmonier Nature Park yesterday with some friends, and we really had a perfect day for the trip. It was a gorgeous, sunny 75F. The animals weren't overly cooperative, and I was disappointed that we didn't see any antlers--on the caribou or the moose, but we had a great time on our nature walk.

FYI, Canadian geese are also called Canadian geese in Canada. Now you know.

We packed a picnic lunch, and spent the morning wearing ourselves out. It definitely paid off when everyone managed to sleep in a little bit this morning--7:15 is an improvement over 6:15 around here. Whatever, I'll take it.

Enjoy the pics!

Kyle, Ethan & Natalie
Come back!
Freaking owl won't look at me
I'm not sitting next to those boys!
The highlight--an arctic fox

No comments: