Friday, January 8, 2010

What's Up with the Next Blog?

Has anyone else tried the 'Next Blog' feature at the top of their page? I'm a little confused by all the Next Blogs lately.

I like to occasionally check out the Next Blog while I'm killing time on the Internet, and I was excited to learn a few weeks ago that Blogger had updated the 'Next Blog' function to take me to other pages similar to my own in content and language rather than to any random blog. At least that's what it's supposed to do according to this post in the Blogger Buzz.

Can someone explain to me then why all the Next Blogs are now about either religion (Christian or otherwise) or the Middle East? Does it seem like I'm posting from the Middle East? Perhaps Blogger thinks Newfoundland is in the Middle East? Have I posted about going to church or something? I'm pretty sure I haven't been discussing Jesus on my blog. Uh oh. If I type the words 'Middle East' and 'Jesus' have I just guaranteed that all the Next Blogs will continue to be about the Middle East and/or Jesus?

Why isn't Blogger taking me to other mildly sarcastic Mom blogs?

At least the Next Blogs are all written in English. They got that part right. It's a relief to know I really have been blogging in English all this time--even if I thought I'd been blogging in English about my kids rather than about Jesus.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

MILDLY sarcastic...really? you think???

Mrs. P said...

when i first started my blog i click on the next blog button and was weirded out!