Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Heat Wave

I can't believe my eyes. It's actually raining here today. It's 35F, and it's raining. It feels quite tropical outside. For the last two weeks the temperature has been hovering around 20F, give or take a few degrees, and then we woke up this morning to rain. I didn't even have to start the car to warm it up before loading the kids in for the AM school run.

A year and a half ago when we first moved to Newfoundland I'd warm the car up if the temperature was below 50F. We were straight out of Houston, and Brandon was only five months old. By the end of our first winter I was only warming the car up if it was 40F or less since we were acclimating and Brandon was pushing a year old. Now the threshold is freezing. If the temperature is below 32F I'll preheat the car, and if it's above that then my poor little monsters are just going to have to deal.

Now if only the sun would make an appearance one of these freakishly warm days it might just lift my mood long enough to tide me over until our trip to Disney World in sixteen days.

No comments: