Thursday, March 4, 2010

Uninspired

I'm not sure why it is that I can always find the energy for a rant (see my airport hating below) but I struggle to blog about everything else going on in my life and in my mind right now. It's not like nothing is happening. I think it's just that my everyday life saps me of all energy, and the only things I feel like doing in my free time (naptime from 12:30 PM until 2:30 PM on weekdays, excluding Wednesdays) are mindlessly surfing the Net, curling up with a book, or, let's be honest, napping. Only a moderate case of annoyance can temporarily suffuse me with energy enough to blog these days.

I like to blame Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I also believe part of the credit should be given to Kyle's illness of a few weeks ago, which was probably one of my more terrifying run-ins with childhood illness to date. This illness was followed immediately by a vacation that began with several weather-related delays, several hours spent on the phone rescheduling flights and hotels, and several hours in airports and airplanes with three children under the age of 6 and a husband. The hours spent on airplanes are what I'm blaming for the past week's snotty noses, nasty coughs, fevers, and draining ears. (Yes, I said draining ears. The beauty of Brandon's ear tubes is that he no longer gets ear infections, but now all the nastiness that used to take up permanent residence on the other side of his eardrum now drains straight out. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: motherhood is glamourous.) Add to all of the above that not even I was spared from a head cold following our vacation, and it's been a really long three weeks.

I promise to do a better job of blogging just as soon as I get pissed off again. Or the snot takes a break around here. Or the sun comes out. Really.

2 comments:

Mrs. P said...

or you could blog about moving back to texas!! :)

mommompoppop said...

I've missed your blogging. Maybe our visit in 2 3/4 weeks will give you enough inspiration for at least 6 blogs . . . :-)