Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cry Baby

I like to watch TLC while I run on my treadmill because there is no greater inspiration for weight loss, fitness, and just trying to look good than the likes of What Not to Wear (How much fun would a makeover be?), 19 and Counting (For real, Michelle Duggar, stop it with all those kids, and please stop making your own dresses!), and A Baby Story (Never doing that again, so might as well lose the baby weight. Brandon is almost 2.).

This morning my run coincided with A Baby Story, and the expectant father of the episode pissed me off just enough to want to blog. His poor wife was laboring along in one of those birthing tubs, totally naturally, trying not to lose her mind, and approaching the point where she was going to have to start pushing. Then the camera turns to Dad, who says, in a mildly annoyed voice I might add, "I didn't realize I'd be bending over the side of the tub and that I'd have to spend so much time on my knees. These old rugby knees of mine are giving out. I'm in some pain."

He was in some pain. HE was in some PAIN. Poor guy. What a moron. I hope his wife makes him pay for that one later.

Thank you, Shaun, for not being a moron and keeping any discomfort you were suffering from to yourself while I was giving birth to your children.

My man is a keeper. That woman on TLC? She should throw hers back. If he's complaining about his knees while she's giving birth just imagine the whining the first time he falls victim to an exploding diaper.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Your comment about the diaper, my thoughts exactly. Hilarious!