Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This Week's Mother-Daughter Moment

I was standing in the kitchen this afternoon opening the day's mail, and Natalie walked up behind me, and patted me on the butt. Then she paused, stood right behind me, and patted it again, but with two hands this time.

"Wow, Mom. Wow. Your butt is just... so big. It's bigger than the whole world!" she said.

I turned around, with horror written all over my face, and I said, "Seriously? It's really that big?"

To which my daughter replied, "Yup. It really is." And then she turned and pranced away with her little bowl of pretzels.

Already, it begins. Next she'll be criticizing my hair and asking me if I plan to change my clothes before I take her to school.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

About two weeks ago Ryleigh told me her butt was better looking than mine. What???? Tell Nat what I told Ryleigh...This butt is your future baby girl!

mommompoppop said...

OK - no comments are allowed about Mom-mom's butt! Her tune will change when she's a teen, begging me for something . . .

AConover said...

I can't believe she said that! I don't remember saying anything like that to my mom. I'll have to ask her. LOL Sorry Betsy!