Friday, February 5, 2010

Blizzard Update | Day 1

It's been snowing for almost twenty-four hours now, and it's difficult to say how much snow has fallen. The wind is whipping the snow around, and there's no accumulation at all on our back porch. However, as Shaun stated earlier, there's so much snow in the backyard itself that we could lose our kids.

I went outside earlier to shovel the sidewalk from the driveway to the front door (I enjoy shoveling since it gets me out of the house, and I find 20F temperatures and stinging snow in my face preferable to dealing with three children under the age of 6 between the hours of 3 and 6 PM), and I was surprised to be shoveling anywhere from 10 inches in some spots to about 20 inches in others. I think we've probably got about 15 inches of actual snowfall. I guess I'll have to let the Weather Network tell me how much snow we actually get today instead of using my usual 'glance at the back porch' method.

Kyle and Natalie both had snow days today, and Shaun's office was even closed in anticipation of the day's expected snowfall. I got to take advantage of one of the great perks of Shaun being in the house--an afternoon nap.

All in all we've had an excellent snow day so far. I'll keep you posted on how much snow we actually get tonight--they're calling for 8 to 10 more inches on top of what we've got already.

No comments: