Friday, October 16, 2009

We Love Ballet!

Okay, so we don't all love ballet, but Natalie sure loves it. She prances around the house, constantly twirling and kicking, and while I don't love having to sit around the tiny little reception area at the dance studio entertaining Brandon for 45 minutes when he should really be home in bed sleeping I do love that Natalie loves dancing. As long as she continues to love it I will drag my lazy self to ballet class and sacrifice one day's worth of that most precious time to a stay-at-home mom--naptime.

Every member of the family knows how much Natalie loves ballet, but Kyle is particularly attuned to what makes his little sister happy. Not much more than a baby himself when Natalie was born, Kyle doesn't remember a time before his sister was attempting to run his life, push him around, and wrap him around her little finger. Kyle may only be four, but he's an expert at being a big brother, and he loves Natalie and Brandon with all of his impulsive little heart.

Every Thursday is library day for Kyle's Kindergarten class, and Kyle looks forward to Thursdays all week. He loves picking a new book, checking it out, bringing it home, and showing it off to all of us. I forgot that yesterday was library day, and Kyle didn't mention it, so it wasn't until I was unpacking his backpack last night and found a new book that I remembered. I was confused at first because this book was pink and had little girls in tutus on the front, and Kyle is an almost-five-year-old boy, and almost-five-year-old boys do not like pink. Or girls in tutus.

Then it dawned on me. Kyle picked out this book and brought it home for Natalie. My sweet little boy sacrificed his one book and his Power Ranger-loving pride to check out a book called We Love Ballet! for his sister. How cute is that?

5 comments:

Martha-Lynn said...

Very, VERY cute. You'll have to remind him of this if Natalie ever gets on his nerves when he's older!

Mrs. P said...

betsy, that is so sweet!!

mommompoppop said...

You have to love that little boy!

Jenn said...

Okay, he can marry Ryleigh.

Allison Fisher said...

That is probably the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time! I have a little tear. I only hope my kiddos are that considerate to each other!