Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

I should never have taunted the Newark Airport the way I did. All that 'whatever' nonsense came right back around to bite me in the butt on Sunday. Sure, we got $2000 in airline vouchers, but it didn't really compensate for the hours spent in Newark and the lack of sleep because three small kids and strange hotel rooms don't mix. I think this year's birthday will end up somewhere on my '10 Worst Birthdays' list--you know, at the end of my life when I'm sitting around making stupid lists like that--just roll with the hypothetical list-making, people. I'm sure it won't be the Worst Birthday Ever. It was The Worst Birthday So Far, but I'm assuming something worse will happen at some point.

On a positive note, turning 30 really hasn't been as painful as I expected. It helps that almost everyone I know has already turned 30 and appears to have survived it. It does not help that Shaun is still 29, but his time will come in about 7 short weeks.

Oh yeah, and our vacation was awesome! I'll be following up with stories and pictures in no time. I swear. Just let me deal with these suitcases first.

2 comments:

mommompoppop said...

Maybe your #1 worst birthday was the first one in Virginia - without your mom. And your dad pretty much forgot, what with building the house and looking after three kids, while I was still working in New Jersey. Remember that one?

Martha-Lynn said...

Dude-- you're a mere 30, and you have 3 kids. Let me just say that I look up to you, despite being a wee bit older (almost 32), partially because Eva is 22 months old and we *just* started trying for #2, and also because of the crazy/awesome expat thing you're doing! Happy birthday-- hope you had some awesome cake!